Here's what top Yoruba movie actress and producer, Bisi Ibidapo- Obe told Kayode of PMNews about her new baby, how she felt after former lawmaker, Dino Melaye denied being responsible for her pregnancy.
- You are now a mother. How do you feel?
- How did you feel when the father of your daughter rejected the pregnancy?
My primary aim then was to have a safe delivery and to God’s glory I was able to have that. The scandal was too much then, but I didn’t allow it to affect me.
- Did you ever consider abortion as an option then?
It never crossed my mind because I considered her (the baby) a gift from God. Why should I abort the baby? You needed to see me then. I flaunted the pregnancy anywhere and everywhere.
Although attempts were made by some people to get it terminated but the God that I worship did not allow this to happen.
- Who are those people?
- Right now the baby is here, what is the relationship between you and Dino Melaye?
- Since you don’t care about the baby’s father, how do you intend to raise the girl all alone?
- How have you been able to deal with bad press, and which one would you consider the worst?
In fact, I haven’t obtained my US visa then, so I wondered the source of that story. Even my boyfriend too came to Nigeria to check my international passport, thinking that I came to the US without his knowledge.
- Given your experience with Dino Melaye, do you still believe in love?